Medicaid Funded Mental Health Services (CORE):Family Ties is a Child and Adolescent Medicaid approved Core Provider and a State Fee For Service approved Provider (which allows uninsured children up to the age of 21 if the child is still in school) access to free in-home mental health services. School and in-home services are free to families who have coverage through PeachState, WellCare, Cenpatico, Caresource, Amerigroup or Medicaid. Our school based services are provided at the following partner schools and includes the inhome component as well.
SBP Objectives and Goals for Services
- Increase student’s ability to manage behavioral and emotional challenges
- Strengthen student’s family unit and enhance parental skills and access to resources
- Support and enhance teacher’s skills in managing disruptive behavior (group and individual consultation)
- Enhance student and school’s academic performance by decreasing disruptive behaviors and increasing students’ ability to focus
- Encourage collaborative parent-school relationship
To ensure families continue to have access to mental health services, Family Ties offers TeleMental Health, services which gives families the opportunity to speak to your clinical team through the use of an online device,
WHAT IS TELEMEDICINE?
It is the use of telecommunication systems (video/ phone) to deliver health care at a distance. It has the potential to improve patient health outcomes and access to health care especially in rural areas.
HOW ARE SERVICES ACCESSED?
For School based services, most referrals are made by the counselor or social worker at one of out partner schools. Families who students attend one of our partner schools can make a referral via our online referral or by downloading and emailing the referral to SBP@familytiesinc.com
WHAT IF I HAVE NO INSURANCE OR PRIVATE INSURANCE?
We offer a self pay option for families with no insurance or private insurance who want to utilize our services. Please contact us at SBP@familytiesinc.com for additional details.
WHAT IF I DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO A COMPUTER?
Telemed services can be accessed via a smart phone or tablet.